We are always looking for volunteers! We really need helpful parents/guardians to volunteer so that the club is a wonderful experience for all our skaters. Please consider giving a bit of your time and talent. If you are interested in volunteering you can speak to a board member at the rink or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RegistrationFirst day of skating on the West side is October 24 and the first day of skating on the East side is October 26th. Registration is first come, first serve, so register today to ensure your spot!
2016 - In-Person Registration Dates
Wednesday, August 31 - Trade and Convention Centre from 6:30 - 8:30 at the SJ Sport Expo See you there!
Thursday September 8th - 6:30pm-8:30pm Community Group Registration @ Centrum in Grand Bay-Westfield 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
We are also in the process of booking registration days at McAllister Mall and Lancaster Mall.....STAY TUNED!!
You may also mail your registration forms and cheques to:
Saint John Skating Club
P.O. Box 26003
Saint John, New Brunswick
2016-17 Saint John Skating Club Online Registration Coming Soon
Important first-day guidance
If you are returning to us, welcome back!! If you are new, we are so happy to have you join us, and we look forward to helping your skater learn to skate! Here are a few guidelines to get you underway.
What to wear
· CSA-approved helmets are a must, and of course, a pair of skates.
· Little ones should dress in warm layers, and should have snow pants/splash pants on the bottom, as they spend some time down on the ice at first. A scarf is not necessary. Some skaters like a thin hat under their helmet, but it must stay out of their eyes.
· Mittens should not be fuzzy (no chenille) as the fuzz sticks to the cold ice and is dangerous for other skaters.
What to bring
· A snack or water/juice for afterward is recommended - they work hard out there!!
· ABSOLUTELY NO PEANUTS OR TREE NUTS - we have skaters with severe allergies to both.
· Proof of residency of we don't already have it.
· A camera! You'll want to capture this moment!
What to do
· Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your session begins. This gives you time to go through the check-in table, get your skater's tag, get skates on, and be ready to enter the ice surface at lesson time. You can get skates on in the dressing rooms or in the stands, whichever you prefer. We'll have signs posted showing which dressing rooms.
PreCanskaters enter the ice surface from the LEFT-side door, and will exit the ice surface from the OPPOSITE door afterward. Signs will be posted. Parents/guardians are asked to please have your skater line up at the entrance door. The coach will come help skaters onto the ice when it is time. When the session is over, please be at the EXIT door on the opposite side to meet your skater coming off the ice.
Canskaters enter the ice surface from the RIGHT side door. Signs will be posted. Parents/guardians are asked to please have your skater line up at the entrance door. The coach will come help skaters onto the ice when it is time. When the session is over, please be at the EXIT door on the same side to meet your skater coming off the ice.
No parents are permitted on the ice, due to insurance. If you have skating skills and would like to volunteer, help is always welcome! Please see our head coach, Kim MacVey, to make arrangements, obtain the necessary insurance, and so on.
Returning Group 3 skaters - you cannot step onto the ice until after registration/payment, due to insurance coverage. Please arrive a few minutes early to take care of this if you haven't already done so. Skate Canada is begin very strict about this now.
As you know, skating officially begins this Monday, October 24thth for west-side skaters at Peter Murray arena. It begins Wednesday, October 26th for east-side skaters at Stewart Hurley arena. We look forward to seeing you at the rink!
Our registration costs for our Learn to Skate Programs are as follows: