REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR 2019-2020 SEASON
1. The following costs are included in your registration:
- $40.00 Skate Canada registration fee (mandatory requirement from our parent organization)
- $10.00 Skate New Brunswick program fee (mandatory requirement from our parent organization)
- $3.00 Safe Sport fee (mandatory requirement from our parent organization)
- $0.65 (+ tax) Participant Accident Insurance (mandatory requirement from our parent organization)
- $25.00 Administrative Fee
2. There is a $15 per child family discount for families with 2 or more children registered with the SJSC.
3. There is a $15 discount for online registrations made by September 30, 2019 E-Transfer to email@example.com
4. Full refunds will be given after first two sessions of the program’s start date, after that, a refund will be given less the
- Skate Canada registration fee of $40
- Skate New Brunswick program fee of $10
- Safe Sport Fee $3
- Administration fee of $25
- There will be no refunds after Jan 1, 2020.
5. Fundraising fees will also be prorated to date of cancellation request.
6. Please provide cancellation request in writing, complete with date of cancellation and skater’s name.
7. We will have multiple fundraisers throughout the year. Should you want to fund raise, and you raise up to or more than your
fundraising fee, your fundraising
fee will be reimbursed to you either before Christmas or near the end of the skating season in March.
8. Drop in Rate 2019/2020 Season $35.00
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Recreational User Cards
Recreational user cards, provided by the City of Saint John, are required by all CanSkate, PreCanskate and
Advanced CanSkate and Adult skaters. They are free to Saint John residents and $200.00 + tax for non residents.
Proof of cards will be required by first day back to skating in Jan. 2020. Any skater not having a card will not be allowed back on the ice until the recreation user card is provided. Refunds will also not be provided should you decide not to obtain a card. It is the responsibility of the parents/ guardians of the skaters to ensure compliance with this new city requirements.
1. All skaters must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet when on the ice, until they have completed their 6th badge.
2. No child under the age of 12 will be left at the rink without a parent or guardian.
3. Lessons are included in the following programs: Pre-CanSkate, CanSkate, Advanced CanSkate, Group 3 - Juniors. All other
groups can request private lessons.
4. Private lessons are available for all skaters and can be arranged with coaches.
5. Please read the Code of Conduct
Please see group listing below for your registration group.
CANSKATE STARSKATE - Star 1 and up.
Pre CanSkate Junior
Advanced CanSkate Senior
Adult Associate Member